Tik Tok is a place for your creativity and expression. It’s also a global community of people looking for a fun, welcoming experience.
The Tik Tok Community Guidelines, which we update from time to time, are an important code of conduct for a safe and friendly environment. Violation of the guidelines may result in your account and/or content being removed. In addition, users must also follow their local laws. We reserve the right to monitor and report content to authorities, as permitted by applicable law.
Tik Tok Community Guidelines
Our policies and guidelines exist to foster trust, respect, and a positive environment for everyone in this community. We trust all users to respect the community and keep Tik Tok fun and welcoming for everyone.
Tik Tok is simply NOT the place to post, share, or promote any of the following, including:
Harmful or dangerous content
- Terrorist organizations, hate groups, and any other criminal organizations or individuals are strictly prohibited from using Tik Tok. DO NOT use Tik Tok to promote and support these organizations or individuals.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any violent or graphic content, nor provide any content that incites others to commit acts of violence.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that depicts dangerous acts, self-injury, or suicide, nor provide any content that encourages other people to engage in such activities.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that Tik Tok strictly prohibits any content related to sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, or sexual violence.picts, promotes, encourages, or provides instruction for eating disorders.
- DO NOT intimidate or threaten other people, including threats of physical harm against a specific individual.
- DO NOT use Tik Tok to sell or promote weapons, bombs, drugs, or any other regulated goods prohibited by local laws.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that involves illegal activities.
Discrimination or hate speech
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that incites hatred against a group of people based on their race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, or any other discrimination.
- DO NOT upload content or comments that may trigger hostility, including trolling or provocative remarks.
Nudity or sexual activity
- Tik Tok strictly prohibits any content related to sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, or sexual violence. DO NOT post any such content.
- DO NOT post, share, or send explicit content, sexual content, or nudity.
- DO NOT provide content related to prostitution, solicitation, or any other types of sex trade.
Child safety infringement
- Tik Tok strictly prohibits any sexually explicit content featuring minors or content that sexually exploits minors. DO NOT post any such content.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content about online dating with minors, compensated dating, bullying, invasion of a minor’s privacy, suicide, self-injury, eating disorders, or other content that endangers minors’ physical and mental health.
- DO NOT use public posts or private messages to harass underage users.
- DO NOT use the app if you are under 13, or the minimum age for your country or region if designated differently in the Terms of Service. Parents, please see here for more.
Harassment or cyberbullying
- DO NOT use public posts and/or private messages to harass other people.
- DO NOT disclose others’ personally identifiable information, such as address, phone number, email address, ID number, and credit card number.
- DO NOT deliberately degrade, humiliate, defame, or bully other people, nor encourage other users to do so.
Impersonation, spam, or other misleading content
- DO NOT impersonate another person or organization by creating fake identities, confuse others into believing that your relationship with another person or organization is something it is not, or post misleading content to make money.
- DO NOT create artificial traffic by any means, such as trading comments, hiring others or being hired to write comments, sharing repetitive content, sending chain letters, and using deceptive information to encourage views, likes or comments.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that violates someone else’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights.
In addition, our policies prohibit activity that undermines the Tik Tok service, including:
- DO NOT interfere with Tik Tok’s daily operation, hack its website or associated networks, or bypass its measures to restrict users’ access.
- DO NOT distribute files that contain viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- DO NOT modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or create any derivative products based on Tik Tok, including any files, tables or documentation, nor attempt to regenerate any source code, algorithms, methods, or techniques embodied in Tik Tok.
- DO NOT use automated scripts to collect information from Tik Tok.
Thank you for being wonderful community members and doing your part to maintain a safe and enjoyable space for all users. If you see content that you believe violates any of the Community Guidelines, please report it so we can review and take appropriate action. If you have further concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.