If your TikTok account is experiencing suspicious behavior below:
- Your password, security email, associated phone number have changed
- Your username or nickname have changed
- Videos have been deleted/posted without your permission
- Messages have been sent that you didn’t write
Your account may have been hacked.
What can I do if my account is hacked?
If you believe your account has been compromised, please follow the steps below to keep your account secure:
- Change Password: In TikTok, hacker will be automatically kicked out of your account after changing the password. You can read this article to learn how to change the password
- Check account info if it is accurate: Select “Manage My Account” option under the TikTok settings, check if the associated account info is accurate
If you cannot change password by yourself, please contact us via our In-app Feedback (App settings – Report a Problem).
3 things you can do to help keep your account safe:
- Protect your password: Never trust any third-party websites that promise giving away free likes/fans/crowns/coins
- Consider using different email accounts for different purposes
Please don’t trust any “free crowns/features/likes” websites which only hack your account or install bloatware to your phone. Some phishing websites may look very similar to the official TikTok page.