The TikTok Community Guidelines, which we update from time to time, are an important code of conduct for a safe and friendly environment. Violation of the guidelines may result in your account and/or content being removed. In addition, users must also follow their local laws. We reserve the right to monitor and report content to authorities, as permitted by applicable law.
Our policies and guidelines exist to foster trust, respect, and a positive environment for everyone in this community. We trust all users to respect the community and keep TikTok fun and welcoming for everyone.
TikTok is simply NOT the place to post, share, or promote any of the following, including:
Harmful or dangerous content
When you use TikTok you are joining a global community. Don’t post or share content that could harm other users or encourage them to harm themselves – whether through physical, emotional, financial, or legal harm.
- Terrorist organizations and any other criminal organizations are strictly prohibited from using TikTok. DO NOT use TikTok to promote and support these organizations or individuals.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that depicts dangerous acts, self-injury, or suicide, nor provide any content that encourages other people to engage in such activities.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that depicts, promotes, encourages, or provides instruction for eating disorders.
- DO NOT intimidate or threaten other people, including threats of physical harm against a specific individual.
- DO NOT use TikTok to sell or encourage the use of weapons, bombs, drugs, or any other regulated goods prohibited by local laws.
- DO NOT use TikTok to encourage or promote online gambling or other financial schemes.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that involves illegal activities.
Graphic or shocking content
TikTok is not the place for graphic, violent, shocking, or sensational content. If you wouldn’t show this content to your parents or children, please don’t post it here.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any violent, graphic, shocking, or sensational content, nor provide any content that incites others to commit acts of violence.
Discrimination or hate speech
TikTok is an inclusive community. It is not ok to attack or incite violence against other users.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that incites hatred against a group of people based on their race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, or any other discrimination.
- DO NOT post, share, or send contents that may trigger hostility, including trolling or provocative remarks.
Nudity or sexual activity
Our community is not the place for sexually explicit content or content intended for sexual gratification. If it isn’t something suitable to be done or shown in public view, don’t post it.
- TikTok strictly prohibits any content that contains, promotes, or encourages sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, or sexual violence. DO NOT post any such content.
- DO NOT post, share, or send explicit content, sexual content, or nudity.
- DO NOT provide content related to prostitution, solicitation, or any other types of sex trade.
Child safety infringement
TikTok takes child safety with the utmost seriousness. If we become aware of content that sexually exploits, targets, or endangers children, we may with law enforcement or report cases, as appropriate.
- TikTok strictly prohibits any sexually explicit content featuring minors or content that sexually exploits minors. DO NOT post any such content.
- TikTok may remove or limit access to videos containing nudity, sexually suggestive acts, or unintentionally provocative content involving minors, as such videos could be used by others in unanticipated ways.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content about online dating with minors, compensated dating, invasion of a minor’s privacy, or other content that endangers minors’ physical and mental health.
- DO NOT use public posts or private messages to harass underage users.
- DO NOT use the app if you are under 13, or the minimum age for your country or region if designated differently in the Terms of Service. Parents, please see here for more.
Harassment or cyberbullying
We work hard to promote a positive environment and an abuse-free experience for our users. Please keep your interactions civil and treat all users with respect.
- DO NOT use public posts and/or private messages to harass other people.
- DO NOT disclose others’ personally identifiable information, such as address, phone number, email address, ID number, and credit card number.
- DO NOT deliberately degrade, humiliate, defame, or bully other people, nor encourage other users to do so.
Impersonation, spam, or other misleading content
Our community values high-quality, engaging content. Content or behavior that is spammy, fake, or misleading will be removed.
- DO NOT impersonate another person or organization by creating fake identities, confuse others into believing that your relationship with another person or organization is something it is not, or post misleading content to make money.
- DO NOT create artificial traffic by any means, such as trading comments, hiring others or being hired to write comments, sharing repetitive content, sending chain letters, and using deceptive information to encourage views, likes or comments.
TikTok is a place for creativity and expression that is unique and original.
- DO NOT post, share, or send any content that violates someone else’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights.
Other malicious activity
In addition to the content and behavior outlined above, our policies prohibit activity that undermines the TikTok service.
- DO NOT interfere with TikTok’s daily operation, hack its website or associated networks, or bypass its measures to restrict users’ access.
- DO NOT distribute files that contain viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- DO NOT modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or create any derivative products based on TikTok, including any files, tables or documentation, nor attempt to regenerate any source code, algorithms, methods, or techniques embodied in TikTok.
- DO NOT use automated scripts to collect information from TikTok.
Thank you for being wonderful community members and doing your part to maintain a safe and enjoyable space for all users. If you see content that you believe violates any of the Community Guidelines, please report it so we can review and take appropriate action. If you have further concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.