Jump to a section
What are Tips on TikTok? • Who can give Tips on TikTok • Tips restrictions • How to give a Tip on TikTok
What are Tips on TikTok?
If you're enjoying content from a creator on TikTok, you can send them a tip on their profile to show your appreciation. The creator will receive 100% of the tip amount (Stripe, our payment provider, fees may apply). TikTok won't receive any of your tip amount.
Who can give Tips on TikTok
To be eligible to give Tips on TikTok, you must meet the following requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age or older (or 19 in South Korea).
• Must live in a location where Tips are available (this feature is currently not available everywhere).
• Must have a Personal Account. Only Personal Accounts are eligible to participate.
There are a few limits on how much and how often you can tip.
• You can only tip a certain amount each day, and there's a maximum amount you can tip. These amounts will differ depending on your country.
• You can't tip more than 100 times each day.
Learn more about restrictions on Tips in our Tips Terms of Service.
How to give a Tip on TikTok
1. In the TikTok app, go to the creator's profile you'd like to tip.
2. On their profile, tap Tips. If you don't see Tips on their profile, they aren't able to receive tips at this time.
3. Tap Send a tip. You can select a specific tip amount, or add a custom tip amount, then tap Next. Keep in mind, Stripe fees may apply.
4. Select your method of payment and tap Confirm payment. If you haven't set up a payment method before, you'll be asked to add a payment card to your TikTok account.