Jump to a section
About TikTok LIVE • Who can use LIVE on TikTok? • How to watch a LIVE on TikTok • How to go LIVE on TikTok
About TikTok LIVE
TikTok LIVE allows viewers and creators to interact in real-time. As a creator, you may have access to LIVE functions such as effects, multi-guest hosting, moderation, LIVE Gifts, and other settings. As a viewer, you can support your favorite creators' LIVE content by watching their LIVE videos, subscribing to their LIVE communities, participating in the chat, reacting to their LIVE with virtual Gifts, and more.
Note: LIVE and Gift functions are currently not available everywhere.
Who can use LIVE on TikTok?
To use LIVE on TikTok, you must:
• Be 18 years of age or older to go LIVE.
• Be 18 years of age or older (or 19 in South Korea) to send or receive Gifts during a LIVE.
• Have 1,000 followers to go LIVE (may vary across regions).
Remember to follow TikTok's Community Guidelines and Terms of Service to promote a fun, positive, and safe environment on TikTok.
How to watch a LIVE on TikTok
To watch a LIVE, open the TikTok app then tap LIVE at the top to view videos from creators who are currently LIVE. You can also watch LIVE videos that appear on your For You and Following feeds, Inbox, search results, and other creator's profiles.
How to go LIVE on TikTok
1. Tap the Add post + button at the bottom.
2. Tap LIVE at the bottom.
3. Add a title, filter, effect, or adjust other LIVE tools and settings.
4. Tap Go LIVE to start your LIVE.
Note: You can also adjust LIVE tools and settings, including safety settings, during your LIVE.
When you're ready to end your LIVE, tap the End LIVE button at the top, then End now.