Jump to a section
Intellectual property on TikTok • Intellectual property removal data • Intellectual property resources
Intellectual property on TikTok
TikTok respects the intellectual property (IP) rights of others, and we expect you to do the same. Our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines do not allow posting, sharing, or sending any content that violates or infringes upon someone else’s copyrights, trademarks or other IP rights.
For more information, review our Intellectual Property Policy.
Important things to know about intellectual property on TikTok:
• The information on this page primarily covers user-generated content. To better serve your needs, we have dedicated Intellectual Property teams supporting TikTok Shop and TikTok for Business. For more information, review our TikTok Shop Intellectual Property Policy and Intellectual Property Infringement Rules for Ads.
• Specific IP laws and regulations may vary across different jurisdictions. Please seek legal advice if you have any questions about the legal requirements in a specific country or territory as TikTok can't provide you with legal advice or intervene in any disputes as a third party.
• All information on this page, Copyright and Trademark and counterfeiting is for general reference on IP related topics. For a comprehensive review of IP on TikTok, refer to the Intellectual Property Policy.
Learn more about copyright and trademark and counterfeiting on TikTok.
Intellectual property removal data
For the latest data on copyright and trademark content takedown notices, you can review our Intellectual Property Removal Requests Report.
Intellectual property resources
• Community Guidelines
• Intellectual Property Policy
• Terms of Service
• European Union Intellectual Property Office
• United States Patent and Trademark Office