Jump to a section
Can you see if someone is active on TikTok? • How to see someone's activity status on TikTok • How to turn your Activity Status on or off on TikTok
Can you see if someone is active on TikTok?
You can see when your mutual followers—users you follow that follow you back—are active or were last active on TikTok if both of you have turned on Activity Status. This also means that your mutual followers will be able to see when you are active or were last active on TikTok. If only one of you has turned this setting on, neither of you will see the other person's activity status.
Note: Activity Status isn't available to everyone right now. Additionally, you must be 18 years of age or older to have access to this feature.
How to see someone's Activity Status on TikTok
You can see when a mutual follower is active or was last active in several areas on TikTok:
• When someone is online on TikTok, then a green dot appears on their profile picture.
• Keep in mind, the green dot may still be visible for some time after someone becomes inactive on TikTok.
• You'll see this active status in your Inbox, message threads, the Profile of a mutual follower, and the users list when you select someone to tag in a comment or share a TikTok video.
Last active status
• When someone is not currently active on TikTok, a relative timestamp of when they were last active is displayed.
• You'll see this last active status in your Inbox and message threads.
Note: TikTok displays activity status for up to 2 days. If someone was last active more than 2 days ago, then no status is displayed.
How to turn your Activity Status on or off
You can turn your activity status on or off in your privacy settings at any time. Keep in mind that when you turn off Activity Status, you and your mutual followers won't see each other's activity status, even if they have it turned on.
To turn your Activity Status on or off:
1. Tap Profile in the bottom right.
2. Tap the 3-line menu icon in the top right.
3. Tap Settings and privacy, then tap Privacy.
4. Tap the toggle icon next to Activity Status to turn on or off. The setting is turned off by default.