On TikTok, you can apply different privacy settings to each video you share, even if you have your account set to public. You can choose to make your TikTok video available to everyone, restrict it to friends or followers, or make it private so that only you can view it. You can also adjust your settings later if you've changed your mind.
Note: All videos are required to follow Community Guidelines. When we identify content that violates these policies, we remove it from our platform.
Choose who can view your videos
To change the privacy setting on a new post:
1. Create your video.
2. On the Post screen, choose who can view your video. You can choose Everyone (only for public accounts), Followers (only for private accounts), Friends, or Only me.
To change the privacy setting on a video you already posted:
1. In the TikTok app, go to the video you'd like to update. You can find your videos on your Profile.
2. Tap the More options button on the side of the video.
3. Tap Privacy settings at the bottom. You may need to swipe left.
4. Below Who can watch this video, choose who you'd like to allow to watch. You can choose Everyone (only for public accounts), Followers (only for private accounts), Friends, or Only me.
Note: The view count on your videos reflects all views to date, it does not reset after you update the privacy settings.
You may also like to tag your video if it contains themes that may not be recommended for everyone. Content tagged as audience controlled will be inaccessible to users under the age of 18 which helps limit exposure to content that may not be suitable for everyone.