Jump to a section
About Duet • Create a Duet with another person's video • Manage your Duet privacy setting for all your videos • Manage Duet privacy settings for one of your videos
Duet allows you to post your video side-by-side with a video from another creator on TikTok. A Duet contains two videos in a split screen that play at the same time.
Keep in mind, you must have a public account to allow others to Duet with your videos.
You can choose who can Duet with your videos in your settings:
In your account privacy settings, you can choose who can Duet with your videos:
• Everyone: If you choose Everyone and you have Duet turned on, then anyone can Duet with your video.
• Friends: If you choose Friends and you have Duet turned on, then only your friends can Duet with your video. Friends are people on TikTok who you follow and who follow you back.
You can turn off Duet on all your existing videos at one time in your privacy settings. This means you don't have go to each of your videos individually to turn off Duet.
You can turn Duet off or on for each of your videos:
You can turn Duet off or on before you post a video, or for an existing video.
• If you turn Duet on: The group you selected in the Duet setting for all your videos can Duet with this video. For example, if you chose to allow only your Friends to Duet with all your videos, then if you turn on Duet for a single video, only your Friends can Duet with this video.
• If you turn Duet off: Others can't Duet with your video.
Things to know when you allow someone else to Duet with your video:
• That person's privacy settings will determine who can watch, comment on, download, or interact with the Duet.
• The Duet will only appear on the profile of the person who recorded the Duet. Your original video will only appear on your profile page.
• If you allow others to Duet with your video but then change your settings to limit who can use your video or you delete your video, any existing Duets that have already been made will remain on TikTok. If you have any questions or concerns, you can report the video.
If you're under 18:
Please review the Privacy and Safety settings for users under age 18 for more details on your Duet settings.
Create a Duet with another person's video
1. Tap the arrow icon on the right of the video you'd like to Duet.
2. Tap Duet at the bottom.
3. Choose from the filming options on the right.
4. Tap the red button to start and stop your recording, then tap the check mark.
5. Edit your video, then tap Next.
6. Adjust your settings, write a caption, and tap Post.
Note: Not all videos have Duet enabled.
Manage Duet privacy settings for all your videos
Choose who can Duet with your videos:
1. Tap Profile in the bottom right.
2. Tap the 3-line icon in the top right to go to your settings.
3. Tap Settings and Privacy.
4. Tap Privacy, then tap Duet.
5. Below Who can Duet with your videos, choose who you'd like to allow to Duet.
Manage Duet privacy settings for one of your videos
Before you post a video:
You can choose if you want others to Duet with this video in the final step before you post a video.
1. Create your video.
2. On the Post screen, tap the toggle icon next to Allow Duet to turn on or off.
For an existing video:
1. Go to the video you'd like to update. You can find your videos on your profile.
2. Tap the 3-dot icon on the right.
3. Tap Privacy settings at the bottom.
4. Next to Allow Duet, tap the toggle icon to turn on or off.