Jump to a section
What is the Commercial Content Library? • How to use the Commercial Content Library • About the Ad Library • About the other commercial content library
What is the Commercial Content Library?
TikTok's Commercial Content Library (CCL) is a repository of ads and other types of commercial content posted on TikTok.
There are two main sub-libraries within the CCL:
• Ad Library: This library features ads that we're paid to display to users, including those that aren't currently active or have been paused by the advertisers.
• Other commercial content: This library includes content that promotes a brand, product or service and which we're not paid to display.
Note: The Commercial Content Library currently includes information on ads available to users in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, and the UK only.
How to use the Commercial Content Library
You can access the sub-libraries listed below at library.tiktok.com. The CCL is available to everyone and you don't need a TikTok account to access, search, or use it.
About the Ad Library
The following information is available in the Ad Library:
• Any ad that has at least one view, has been published on or after October 1, 2022 and is targeted to users within the EEA, Switzerland or the UK.
• You can search for any ads, even if you haven't seen them before.
• Each ad and ad details will be available in the library for one year after the advertisement was last viewed by any user.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours for an ad to appear in the CCL from the time it receives its first view. Any changes or updates made to the ad or campaign will also be reflected in the CCL within 24 hours.
How to search in the Ad Library
To search in the Ad Library:
1. Go to the CCL.
2. Click Ad Library at the top of the page.
3. Select the desired Ad target country, Ad type, and Ad published date.
4. To find ads posted by a specific advertiser or using a certain keyword, enter an Advertiser name or keyword from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Search.
༚ Any ads that include the keyword searched or have a matching advertiser name with the search term may appear in the results.
༚ You can sort results by audience size, last shown date, and published date.
What information is available in the Ad Library?
Click the ad card in the search results to go to the ad details page where you'll find more information, including:
• Advertiser: The name of the advertiser as well as the person or entity that paid for the ad, if different from the advertiser (such as an agency), and registered location for the business. A link to a verified TikTok account may also be displayed, where available. Keep in mind, the name of the business entity registered with TikTok may be different from a commonly known business name.
• First shown: The date the ad was first shown.
• Last shown: The date the ad was last shown.
• Unique users seen: An estimated range of the number of unique users who have seen the ad at least once.
• Targeting summary: An estimate of how many users meet the target audience and the criteria used to determine the intended target audience, such as age, gender, location, or interest.
• Location: The countries the ad was shown to and the number of unique users by country who have seen the ad at least once.
Note: Some ads may display a label that indicates it was removed because of a violation of our terms. You can't view these ads but you can still find some of the ad details listed above, such as the number of unique users who have seen the ad at least once or the targeting summary.
About the other commercial content library
The CCL also includes content that promotes a brand, product or service and which TikTok is not paid to display. This content is identified through the content disclosure setting that's available to creators when posting their content.
This content will be included in the CCL if it has at least one view while it remains publicly available on the creator's account. Each item of content will be available in the library for one year after it's deleted by the creator or made private, in accordance with applicable laws.
How to search in the other commercial content library
To search for other commercial content:
1. Go to the CCL.
2. Click Other commercial content at the top of the page.
3. Select the desired Creator country and Posted date.
4. To find content posted by a specific creator, enter a Creator username.
5. Click Search. You can sort results by video views and posted date.
What information is available in the other commercial content library?
The following information is available for each item of content on the search results page:
• Username: The username of the creator.
• Brand name: The brand tagged by the creator as the sponsor of their content, if applicable.
• Posted date: The date that the content was published and became viewable to all users.
• Video views: The number of times the content has been viewed.
Important things to know about the other commercial content library:
• The library only includes content which the creator has disclosed as commercial through the content disclosure setting.
• You may find that some creators have more content available in the library than what you see on their profile in TikTok. This could be because the creator removed the video from their profile or made it private, but it's still available in the library.