Jump to a section
About video downloads on TikTok
Downloading a video lets you share and enjoy TikTok videos offline. You can allow other people to download your videos with the Video downloads setting.
A few things to know about Video downloads:
• When you allow people on TikTok to download your videos, they can save your video to their device.
༚ If your account is private or if you are under the age of 16, your download setting will be off and you can't turn it on.
༚ If you change your account to public, you may choose if this setting is on or off.
• If you turn the Video downloads setting off, other people on TikTok can't download the videos you post.
༚ Once you turn this setting off, people can't download videos that you already posted and your future videos.
༚ If this setting was on and you turned it off, any of your videos that were downloaded when the setting was on won't be impacted and the videos will stay on another person's device.
• When the Video downloads setting is off, other people on TikTok also can't convert your videos to live photos, GIFs, or directly share your videos to other third-party platforms, like Instagram, Snapchat, or as your WhatsApp status. Keep in mind:
༚ Even though people on TikTok can't directly share your video to third-party platforms, they can share a link to your video.
༚ If you'd like to change who can watch your video, learn how to change the privacy settings for your videos.
Note: When your Video downloads setting is off, you still have the download and all the sharing options for your own videos. This means you can download your own videos, convert them to live photos or GIFs, and share your video to third-party platforms.
Download a video
1. Go to the video you'd like to download.
2. Tap the arrow icon.
3. At the bottom, tap Save video.
Turn the Video downloads setting on or off
1. Tap Profile in the bottom right to go to your profile.
2. Tap the 3-line icon in the top right to go to your settings.
3. Tap Settings and Privacy.
4. Tap Privacy, then tap Downloads.
5. Tap next to Video downloads to turn on or off.