Jump to section
About crediting a creator or video on TikTok • How to credit a TikTok video • How to credit a creator in your TikTok video • How to give credit after posting a TikTok video
About crediting a creator or video on TikTok
If you post a video that's inspired by another creator or it features another creator, you can mention a video or the creator in your video description or comment to give credit to that creator. This allows creators that have originated trends or created original content to be recognized and celebrated for their content.
How to credit a TikTok video
To give credit to a TikTok video:
1. On the Post screen, tap Videos.
2. Select the video you want to credit from the Sound, Posted, Liked, or Favorites tab and tap Confirm. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the video URL into the description of your post.
3. Write a description, adjust the video settings, and tap Post. The selected video will appear in the post description and the creator will be notified.
Note: You can credit up to 3 videos.
How to credit a creator in your TikTok video
To give credit to someone on TikTok:
1. On the Post screen, tap Mention.
2. Enter the creator's name or username in the search field, or scroll to choose a creator from your Friends and Following list.
3. Write a description, adjust the video settings, and tap Post. The creator will be mentioned in the post description and the creator will be notified.
How to give credit after posting a TikTok video
If you've already posted a video and you want to give credit to a creator, you can mention the creator in a comment.
To give credit in a comment:
1. Tap the comment icon on your video.
2. In the comment field, tap the @ icon to search for and tag a creator.
3. Tap the post icon.
4. Press and hold on the comment, then tap Pin comment. Your comment will be pinned to the top. The creator will be mentioned in the comment and they'll be notified.