Jump to a section
Adding effects after recording • Adding a video cover • Saving a draft • Deleting a video
Adding effects after recording
To add text after recording:
1. Tap Text, located on the bottom of the editing screen.
2. Select the desired font and customize the color of your text and background.
3. Tap Done.
4. Tap and drag to move the text to a desired spot on your video.
To change text size:
1. Pinch or zoom in on the text.
2. Adjust to your desired text size.
To add a sticker or emoji:
1. Tap Stickers located on the bottom of the editing screen.
2. Select Stickers or Emojis tab or search for animated GIFs.
3. Tap to make your selection then drag to move your animation to a desired spot on your video.
Note: Multiple text and stickers can be added to one video.
To delete text or stickers:
1. Long press the text or sticker you would like to delete and move it to the top of the video.
2. The Delete will appear.
3. Move the text or sticker to the icon until it turns red. The item will be deleted.
Adding a video cover
A video cover is the thumbnail people see when browsing a grid of videos on TikTok. You can select a video cover before posting a new video.
To select your video cover:
1. On the post page, tap Select cover on the video thumbnail.
2. Drag and place the pink frame anywhere on the video.
3. Tap Save on the upper right corner.
Saving a draft
To save a draft:
1. Record and edit your video.
2. Tap Drafts from the Post page.
Note: The video will be saved in your Drafts folder on your profile. Draft videos are only visible to you until they are posted.
Drafts are only stored locally and may have been removed due to the following reasons:
1. TikTok has been uninstalled then reinstalled on a device.
2. The account has been moved or switched to a different device.
Drafts cannot be shared or transferred between various accounts.
Deleting a video
To delete a video:
1. View the video you want to delete.
2. Tap the 3-dot icon on the right of the video.
3. Select Delete.