Jump to a section
What is a TikTok verified badge? • How to tell if an account is verified on TikTok • Why do we have verified badges? • How are verified badges given? • How to get verified on TikTok • Can you request to remove your verification? • How much does it cost to get verified? • Why might TikTok remove verification?
What is a TikTok verified badge?
If you've been following your favorite singer, brand, celebrity, or professional sports team on TikTok, you may have noticed a blue check mark displayed alongside their handle. This is a verified symbol or badge that TikTok provides to help you make informed choices about the content you watch or accounts you follow.
What does being verified on TikTok mean?
A verified badge means that TikTok has confirmed the account belongs to the person or brand it represents. Our creators come from all walks of life and the verified badge is a quick and clear way to let you know you are following the real deal, rather than a parody or fan account.
How to tell if an account is verified on TikTok
A verified badge is the blue check mark symbol that appears next to a TikTok user's account name in search results and on the profile.
If an account does not have the verified badge next to the username but displays it somewhere else on the profile (such as the bio), it's not a verified account. Verified badges can only be applied by TikTok and will appear in the same place every time.
Why do we have verified badges?
Verification at its core is a way for people to know that the high-profile accounts they are following are exactly who they say they are. For individuals, nonprofits, institutions, businesses, or official brand pages, the verified badge helps build trust with their followers and adds an important layer of clarity within the TikTok community.
How are verified badges given?
We consider a number of factors before granting a verified badge, such as whether the notable account is authentic, unique, and active. Keep in mind, we don't consider the number of followers or likes on your account as a requirement when granting a verified badge.
Some account requirements we consider for verification include:
• Active: Your account must have logged in within the past 6 months.
• Authentic: Your account represents a real person, business, or entity. Only one verification per business or person except for language-specific accounts.
༚ If you are a business, institution, or entity, your email domain must represent your business during the verification approval process (ex. @tiktok.com).
• Complete: Your account must currently be public and have a completed profile with a bio, name, profile photo, and at least one video.
• Notable: We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don't consider press releases and sponsored or paid media.
• Secure: Your account must have multi-factor authentication with a verified email. This ensures that the authentic owner stays the authentic owner and is protected from malicious actors.
It's also important that users adhere to our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service in order to ensure that TikTok remains a safe, fun platform for everyone, and verified accounts are no exception to that. A verified badge does not imply an endorsement by TikTok and we reserve the right to deny or revoke verification to accounts that meet any of the above criteria through artificial or inauthentic activity.
How to get verified on TikTok
To request verification of your TikTok account:
1. In the TikTok app, tap Profile at the bottom.
2. Tap the Menu button at the top.
3. Tap Settings and privacy.
4. Tap Manage account, then tap Verification.
༚ If you're registered as a Business Account, then you can only apply for Business Verification.
༚ If you're registered as a Personal Account, then you can apply for Personal and Institutional Verifications.
5. Follow the steps in the app to submit a verification request.
Note: This feature is currently not available everywhere.
Can you request to remove your verification?
It’s not currently possible to request to remove your verified badge. However, you can trigger a removal by changing your username.
How much does it cost to get verified?
TikTok does not charge to get verified. Any entity claiming to sell TikTok verifications is unaffiliated with the company.
Why might TikTok remove verification?
TikTok may remove a verified badge at any time and without notice. Some removal reasons may include:
• The account was found to be transferred to another owner making verification inauthentic.
• The username changed so the account owner needs to re-apply for verification.
• The account type changed between business, personal, or institution.
We may also remove verification from accounts that are found to be in severe or repeated violation of our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.