Jump to a section
Effects • Filters • Adding effects after recording
Effects are used to customize and add details to TikTok videos. Effects can be added before and after you record a video, but some effects are only available before recording and others are only available after.
To shoot with an effect:
1. Tap Effects, located left of the red recording button in the camera screen.
2. View the various categories and tap on an effect.
3. Preview the effects and make a selection.
4. Tap on the recording screen and begin creating your video!
Adding effects to your Favorites allows you to find them later.
To add an effect to your Favorites:
1. Select the effect you would like to favorite.
2. Once it appears on your screen you can press Sticker.
3. The effect will now appear in your Favorites.
To remove an effect from Favorites, go to the effect and press Sticker.
To add a filter to your video:
1. Tap Filters located on the right side of the screen.
2. Select a filter you would like to use.
Select Management to pick which filters you'd like to see appear in the app.
Adding effects after recording
To add text after recording:
1. Tap Text, located on the bottom of the editing screen.
2. Select the desired font and customize the color of your text and background.
3. Tap Done.
4. Tap and drag to move the text to a desired spot on your video.
To change text size:
1. Pinch or zoom in on the text.
2. Adjust to your desired text size.
To add a sticker or emoji:
1. Tap Stickers located on the bottom of the editing screen.
2. Select Stickers or Emojis tab or search for animated GIFs.
3. Tap to make your selection then drag to move your animation to a desired spot on your video.
Note: Multiple text and stickers can be added to one video.
To delete text or stickers:
1. Long press the text or sticker you would like to delete and move it to the top of the video.
2. The Delete will appear.
3. Move the text or sticker to the icon until it turns red. The item will be deleted.