Jump to a section
Creating a Duet • Duet settings • Using a photo template
Creating a Duet
Create TikTok videos with friends using the Duet feature.
To make a Duet video:
1. Tap Share, located at the bottom of the right side panel.
2. Tap Duet.
3. Begin recording alongside the selected video!
Note: Not all videos have duet enabled. Please be aware that if a user has enabled duets but later asks for a duet using their video to be removed, your duet may be taken down. You can save copies of your own content in advance.
To change your default Duet settings:
1. Go to Me.
2. Tap ... .
3. Go to Privacy.
4. Tap Who can Duet with your videos.
5. Chose a setting.
To change Duet settings for a single video:
1. Go to the video.
2. Tap the ... .
3. Go to Privacy settings.
4. Turn Allow Duet on or off.
Note: If you initially allowed duets on a video you posted but subsequently turned this feature off, any duets made whilst your settings allowed duets will remain on TikTok.
To make a privacy report or request, please visit.
Using a photo template
To make a photo template:
1. Tap +, on the bottom of the screen, to create a video.
2. Select Templates from the bottom options.
3. Pick a photo template.
4. Tap Select photos.