Jump to a section
About Stitch • Stitch with another person's video • Manage Stitch privacy settings for all your videos • Manage Stitch privacy settings for one of your videos
Stitch is a creation tool that allows you to combine another video on TikTok with one you're creating. If you allow another person to Stitch with your video, they can use a part of your video as a part of their own video.
Keep in mind, you must have a public account to allow others to Stitch with your videos.
You can choose who can Stitch with your videos in your settings:
In your account privacy settings, you can choose who can Stitch with your videos:
• Everyone: If you choose Everyone and you have Stitch turned on, then anyone can Stitch with your video.
• Friends: If you choose Friends and you have Stitch turned on, then only your friends can Stitch with your video. Friends are people on TikTok who you follow and who follow you back.
You can also turn off Stitch on all your existing videos at one time in your privacy settings. This means you don't have go to each of your videos individually to turn off Stitch.
You can turn Stitch on or off for each of your videos:
You can turn Stitch off or on before you post a video, or for an existing video.
• If you turn Stitch on: The group you selected in the Stitch setting for all your videos can Stitch with this video. For example, if you chose to allow only your Friends to Stitch with all your videos, then if you turn on Stitch for a single video, only your Friends can Stitch with this video.
• If you turn Stitch off: Others can't Stitch with your video.
Things to know when you allow others to Stitch with your video:
• That person's privacy settings will determine who can watch, comment on, download, or interact with the Stitched video.
• The Stitched video will only appear on the profile of the person who recorded the Stitch. Your original video will only appear on your profile page.
• If you allow others to Stitch with your videos but then change your settings to limit who can use your videos or delete your video, any existing Stitches that have already been made will remain on TikTok. If you have any questions or concerns, you can report the video.
If you're under 18:
Please review the Privacy and Safety settings for users under age 18 for more details on your Stitch settings.
Stitch with another person's video
1. Tap the arrow icon on the right of the video you'd like to Stitch.
2. Tap Stitch at the bottom.
3. Choose the part of the video you'd like to Stitch, then tap Next.
4. Choose from the filming options on the right.
5. Tap the red button to start and stop your recording, then tap the check mark.
6. Edit your video, then tap Next.
7. Adjust your settings, write a caption, and tap Post.
Note: Not all videos have Stitch enabled.
Manage Stitch privacy settings for all your videos
Choose who can Stitch with your videos:
1. Tap Profile in the bottom right.
2. Tap the 3-line icon in the top right to go to your settings.
3. Tap Settings and Privacy.
4. Tap Privacy, then tap Stitch.
5. Below Who can Stitch with your videos, choose who you'd like to allow to Stitch.
Manage Stitch privacy settings for one of your videos
Before you post a video:
You can choose if you want others to Stitch with this video in the final step before you post a video.
1. Create your video.
2. On the Post screen, tap the toggle icon next to Allow Stitch to turn on or off.
For an existing video:
1. Go to the video you'd like to update. You can find your videos on your profile.
2. Tap the 3-dot icon on the right.
3. Tap Privacy settings at the bottom.
4. Next to Allow Stitch, tap the toggle icon to turn on or off.